Marble countertops are beautiful and durable, but they require some special care to keep them looking their best. Here are some tips for taking care of your marble countertops:
- Clean up spills immediately: Marble is porous and can stain easily. So, it's important to wipe up spills as soon as possible. Use a soft cloth or paper towel to absorb any liquids.
- Use a pH-neutral cleaner: Avoid using acidic or abrasive cleaners on marble countertops as they can scratch the surface or etch the finish. Instead, use a pH-neutral cleaner designed specifically for marble.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals: Harsh chemicals like bleach, ammonia, and vinegar can damage the surface of the marble. So, it's best to avoid using them.
- Use coasters and trivets: To prevent scratches and heat damage, use coasters and trivets under glasses, dishes, and hot pans.
- Seal the countertop: Marble is porous, so it's a good idea to seal the surface with a penetrating sealer to prevent stains and damage. The frequency of sealing depends on the type of marble and the amount of use.
- Use cutting boards: To prevent scratches and damage to the marble surface, always use cutting boards when chopping or cutting food.
- Wipe down the surface regularly: To keep your marble countertops looking their best, wipe down the surface regularly with a soft, damp cloth.
As you can see, marble countertops do require some upkeep but the steps are simple. By following these tips, you can ensure that your marble countertops stay beautiful and functional for years to come. You can check out our selection of Antolini Azerocare treated marbles to make caring for your marble countertops even easier, as this is a new, innovative technology that prevents etching and staining.