Neolith is a high performance, large format, compact surface.
It belongs to a new category of surface material which aims to meet the needs of a multitude of architectural and design requirements. It is suitable for many applications, including countertops, vanities, cladding, large format flooring and facades.
Technically known as a “sintered compact surface”, Neolith is a man-made product comprised of natural elements. The production of Neolith replicates in a matter of hours the same process natural stone goes through over thousands of years, using extremely high pressure and temperature.
Available from our central and west coast locations.
QUALITIES OF NEOLITH
- Lightweight – Neolith’s light weight makes it versatile and easy to install. Transportation and handling is also easier, reducing freight and installation costs.
- Resistant to fire – Neolith is resistant to the hottest temperatures, including direct flames, and it won’t emit hazardous fumes.
- Resistant to UV damage – Neolith resists UV rays, making it suitable for exterior applications such as outdoor kitchens and exterior cladding.
- Resistant to scratching – Neolith is resistant to scratching, staining and bending, making it a very durable choice for many projects.
- Waterproof – Neolith’s porosity is almost 0%, making it a hygienic surface choice.
- Easy to clean – Neolith’s resistance to scratches and stains make it easy to care for with minimal maintenance.
- Recyclable – Neolith is manufactured to strict environmental standards and is made from natural clays, silica, feldspar and mineral oxides. It is completely recyclable into raw materials.
- Greenguard and Greenguard Gold certification – Neolith has been awarded both Greenguard and Greenguard Gold, meaning that it meets strict chemical emission limits and is suitable for use in environments such as schools and healthcare facilities.
NEOLITH USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Countertops: resistant to scratches, stains and UV rays, Neolith is a great choice for kitchens, baths, exterior kitchens and entertaining areas like bar tops.
- Flooring: Neolith is durable enough for heavy traffic area flooring, and resists UV rays, heat and staining. Suitable for applications like pool decks, patios, kitchen and entryway flooring.
- Furniture: Neolith can be used to create items such as tables, benches, patio furniture and shelving.
- Interior wall cladding: Neolith’s lightweight durability makes it versatile and suitable for feature walls, fireplace surrounds, shower walls and wet room walls.
- Exterior wall cladding: Neolith’s UV and stain resistance make it suitable for exterior cladding, with rapid coverage due to the large format size.
Advantages of Neolith:
- Scratch, fire and UV resistant
- Easy to clean
- 100% recyclable
- Resistant to high traffic
Neolith by TheSize Shares “Green” Fact Sheet
Neolith’s high-performance compact surface for kitchen and bathroom countertops, flooring, interior wall, facades and cladding applications comes with an assortment of green benefits. Neolith has a variety of qualities that make it ideal for the environmentally-conscious professional.