Matt Morgan is a Fayetteville, Arkansas based designer specializing in retail, fabric, wallpaper, drapery, custom furniture, landscape designs, and events! Below you will learn all about his work and what inspires him and his work as an interior designer.
- Go-to color for painting a kitchen? This is why I'm weird. I don't have one. I have my go to whites. Sherwin Williams Snowbound or Alabaster. I also love their colors, Iron ore and tricorn black.
- Favorite part about interior designing? Working with my trade partners and my clients. I love getting to know people before I am even able to complete the finished look. I'm a talker. Sigh. I moved back to Arkansas in 2014/2015 after 8 years running my own firm in Washington DC. Morgan Bradley Interior Design & Decoration.
- How would you describe your style? Eclectic and extremely collected. I don't think I have ever done the same thing twice. I've never had 2 identical clients.
- Favorite trend(s) of the year? Jewel tones! I love seeing all the Navy, Emerald and Ruby colors swooping in with major Cred this year. Though I never left them behind.
- Where do you go to get design inspiration? I don't watch any home shows. I never have. I don't read any current trend magazines either. When I'm not working I try to stay away from anything home related. It's like working. Thankfully I do love my job. Nature and antiques both give me inspiration though.
- What inspires you at the moment? Thoughtfulness, a gorgeous soul. I honestly take whoever I am working with and their own personal inspiration and pull it out. I'm less of an interior designer and more of a master connector and fabricator of ideas. I can bring a room to life and love seeing the reaction.
- What kind of work do you usually prefer? Residential or Hospitality. Lately I have been on a 60's modern/palm springs meets Georgia with a twist of pop art feel. Splash that with some Khaki velvet (heaven of all colors for 2022)and I'm loving it y'all
- What do you consider before designing? Space. I hate dead space. The scale of everything is so important in our industry. It is what an untrained designer will usually miss. That and lighting. Lighting is usually my worst budget on a new home build. Come on Builders give us something to work with.Follow on Instagram at @thedetailsyall